IMPG Book Authors and Book Editors
At the IMPG, we invite you to join a community of world-renowned thought
leaders who have partnered with us in promoting excellence and quality in medical practice, innovations, research, education and innovations.
We would like to emphasise that content creation is a partnership
process, and the IMPG is proud of our history of working with authors in a spirit of cooperative creativity to bring quality products to professional people and institutions of learning throughout
the world. Your IMPG production and editorial partners are talented, very skilled, highly trained professionals who have extensive knowledge of science and the market. We know the best ways to
produce and share your knowledge and expertise with customers.
Outlined below are the various benefits that await you when you work with
- IMPG Digital innovation. Books can be produced and optimised for delivery in a variety of print and electronic formats, including publication on the leading
full-text scientific databases and platforms, which reach more than 40 million users worldwide, and Medical Solutions – www.tcds.org.uk , a medical search
resource and database.
- IMPG Printing Quality: IMPG has a long-standing commitment to quality, detailed, accuracy and reliability in our editorial and production activities, and the
international sales and marketing reach to ensure your project is available and discoverable to the readers who need it across the globe.
- Working with a dedicated team of professionals in
IMPG to assist you through all stages of the process from proposal, manuscript development,
production, and through to marketing and sales.
- The IMPG is a global company with a large international
reach. We reach more than 15 million researchers across 7,500 institutions in 241 countries and
territories, giving your publications and products a global reach. Following a thorough market research and feasibility studies, we efficiently and strategically price your book by region and
territory in order to ensure that your earnings are maximised according to the market value. Again, the IMPG undertakes information charitable intents and philanthropy activities through the IMPG
Funds - http://www.impg.org.uk/impg-awards-and-scholarships/impg-funds/ . With help from our
collaborators, we have provided free or low-cost access to thousands of books and peer-reviewed journals to public institutions in over 110 developing countries.
- On becoming An IMPG Author or
Editor, you will be entitled to a discount off the normal list price of many of our publications,
excluding Major Reference Projects. If you would require more information about our services, please contact: email@example.com or complete
and submit the contact form at the end of this page.
IMPG Content types
As an IMPG collaborator, you will work with a team of highly skilled professionals who support your vision and can offer
expert guidance on how to best disseminate your content. At IMPG, we offer a range of digital and print products to suit different subject areas, information types and customer needs. These
- Reference – Edited and authored by the most highly regarded experts in their fields, IMPG's highly-cited handbooks and references are an
invaluable source of reliable background knowledge on both established and emerging subject areas.
- Textbooks – IMPG publishes a wide range of innovative and high quality textbooks for undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional courses, many
of which also serve as foundational references for those no longer studying.
- Fast-produced content – These fast moving, e-leading products with a print on demand option offer a way for high quality, cutting-edge, high value material
with time sensitive information to reach the market more quickly.
- IMPG Major Reference Activities (IMRA)
– Our dictionary, encyclopaedia and comprehensive major reference resources provide high quality authoritative and
accessible definitions and foundational information on a wealth of subjects, supporting in particular those engaging in cross-disciplinary work.
- IMPG Reference Modules – The IMPG Reference Modules are a focused collection of the most current interdisciplinary content from the IMPG Major Reference
Projects. Reference Module content is continuously updated making it an excellent resource to inter-disciplinary and inter-professional investigation and discovery.
- IMPG Series and serials – the IMPG collection of series and serials combine book-style review and coverage of subjects with the regularity, continuity and
development of topics typically found in peer-reviewed journals are also used.
- IMPG Laboratory and practical manuals
– IMPG's laboratory manuals feature the latest methods, procedures and protocols researchers need to refer to when working
on benches in their laboratories, while our practical manuals provide step-by-step design and operating procedures, including regulatory information, for use in technical
- IMPG Atlases – IMPG produces some of the most well respected and highly cited atlases supporting scientific research and study.
As you have decided to with the IMPG in the publishing your book, the next step is to create a proposal. You can request
for a Proposal Form via: firstname.lastname@example.org . The proposal materials you send us will be reviewed by the IMPG Editorial Staff and by high
quality external reviewers. Please visit: http://www.impg.org.uk/courses-and-conferences/how-to-write-a-book-proposal-workshop/ for details of the
workshops aimed at helping you to write your proposal and how to submit your proposal.
You will need to include the following in your
- Author(s) and/or editor(s) – Please include the names and background of the author(s) or the editor(s) and, if known, intended contributor(s). Short curriculum
vitae (CV) for each author/editor is welcome.
- Aims and scope/Background and purpose
– This section is the heart of the proposal and should give us a good sense of the purpose and scope of your project. You
should take time to be as detailed as possible when writing this part of your proposal. Some of the questions to answer include: Why is this project needed? What will it cover? What will be the level
of depth? What is special about the style and approach? What is special about the writers and editors?
- Your intended audience and its needs
– Tailoring content and features from the outset to address the needs of a particular audience will help to make it a
- What problem will the publication solve?
– Clearly explain how this content will help readers. How will they use the content in their work? At what point in the
researcher workflow does this help them solve a problem? What problems will this help them solve?
- Competing resources – If competition to your proposed book exists, responding to the strengths and weaknesses of that competition in what you include will
help us to position the book clearly for our reviewers and customers.
- Table of contents – The table of contents should include part or section titles, chapter titles, appendices, and anything else that is part of the
manuscript. List the chapters in the sequence in which they will appear.
- Sample chapter – Be prepared to produce a sample chapter (or part of a chapter), if asked, to show the level, approach and style of writing of the
- Qualified reviewers – Include the names and email addresses of at least three qualified reviewers in your field. Be prepared to rework your outline at a
later stage in the light of feedback you may get from us and from our reviewers.
- Clarity and discoverability – Help our reviewers to understand your planned content — and later in the process, potential readers to discover your content - by
choosing a working book title, keywords and chapter titles that clearly describe the material you are covering using the most relevant terms.
- Optional: Multimedia content – Include any ideas about content beyond the book that can enhance the reader experience (i.e., video, audio, extended datasets, etc.).
Please include how users would interact with this material, and whether it is essential to your project.
Content Acquisition Areas
Listed below are the broad subjects areas on which we are looking for
- Biomedical Research
- Clinical Chemistry/Medical Biochemistry
- Clinical Education
- Continuing Medical/Health Education
- Forensic Medicine
- Medical Education
- Nursing Education
- Public Health Medicine
- Social Medicine
- Global Health
- Medical Informatics
- Medical Innovations
- Medical Sciences
- Medical Entertainment Writing/Novels
- Medical Law
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Research Methods
- General Practice and Primary Care
- Emergency Medicine
Although the above is not an exhaustive list, prospective authors are
encouraged to contact us with their proposed book ideas so that we can discuss the options available to them to explore.
The Submission Process
When you are ready to write and submit your proposal, please contact us at: email@example.com to ask for a proposal Form to be sent to you to complete electrically and send to us for processing. Your Email message
should contain the following information:
- Proposal in [subject area] / [author name: working title]
E.g. Proposal in medicine / Harris: Internal Medicine
If you have specific questions you would like to ask before submitting a
detailed proposal, please send your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following details in the subject line of your
- Question for [subject area] acquisitions editor
E.g. Question for medical acquisitions editor
As one of the World’s leading Publisher, and provider of information solutions, the IMPG provides sales and marketing
resources your product won't get from any other company in the industry. IMPG marketing team possesses a deep understanding of its customers and markets, and will leverage this knowledge and
experience to efficiently and strategically position your product in the correct marketplace.
IMP Goffers a variety of promotional tools thus:
- Placement in catalogues and book guides
- Banners, displays and promotions at carefully selected conferences and
- Direct marketing promotions such as email and/or print
- Placement in academic and general bookstores, wholesalers, libraries and
- Optimised SEO content and established page authority for high organic
- Journal reviews
- Coordinating international marketing efforts implemented by marketing
teams across the globe
- And many more……
Post sales, an author can help promote sales of his/her books and
- Utilising digital media to promote his/her product on ‘your blog’,
website, social media network, or in a newsletter blast and link directly to your Elsevier page
- Promoting your book with a flyer including product information and
- Signing up with our http://www.impg.org.uk/books/working-together-to-reach-your-audience/ to receive a commission percentage of the sales
directly related to your promotional efforts
- Collaborating with contributors to promote your book at the meetings,
conferences and other speaking engagements
- Suggesting any societies, pharmaceutical/equipment companies, or
government agencies that may be interested in bulk purchases or promotional arrangements of your product
- Writing a blog post for IMPG Social Media – visit: http://www.impg.org.uk/impg-news/impg-social-media/ and sharing it through social media.
For more information, please contact:
email@example.com or complete the Contact Form below and submit it for more information.